The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted on October 23, 2012 · Posted in Gas Safety Certificate

There are numerous symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. These include stomach pains, nausea, headaches, breathing difficulties and dizziness.  The more you are exposed to carbon monoxide the more serious these symptoms will become.  Within two hours of a carbon monoxide leak occurring you can experience memory loss, vertigo, problems in coordination, vision loss and seizures. If there are extremely high levels of carbon monoxide in the air then you can lose consciousness and die.

It is almost impossible to detect a carbon monoxide leak. According to the NHS those most at risk are young children and babies, as their smaller bodies mean that they start to experience symptoms earlier than adults.  The next most vulnerable group includes those with breathing problems and pregnant women.  The NHS warns that pets are often the first to show symptoms. Therefore, if your pet starts acting strangely, or dies suddenly and unexpectedly check immediately for any carbon monoxide leaks.

If you believe that you may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning then you should immediately vacate your property and get some fresh air. Your doctor can then check your blood for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

In order to safeguard against the dangers of carbon monoxide, you can buy a carbon monoxide alarm from Gas Boilers Servicing. We also strongly recommend having an annual boiler service in order to check for any carbon monoxide leaks.

To find out more information about carbon monoxide and the range of other services Gas Boilers Servicing offers, then please contact us on 0208 95 16 230 or email us for more information today.